Monday, April 13, 2009

Top 10 Reasons To Have Me As An Alternate on the Police Citizen Advisory Commission

Tomorrow I meet with the Commission and the Police Chief of Marana. I'm one of 3 applicants who get 3 minutes to express why they need me as an alternate on the commission. Here are my top 10 reasons:

1. The mayor and Councilman Clanagan encouraged me to apply. They felt I would be a good representative for a generation of citizens that is currently not represented on the commission.

2. I love Marana and want it to be the best community for families to live in Southern Arizona.

3. My bachelor’s degree was in Family Science and Human Development, another unique perspective to bring to the table. As a mother of 4 children, I represent the parents of young children who live and work in our community.

4. I believe in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law. I grew up in the military, and I have a deep love for this great nation in which we live.

5. I believe there is a fine line between laws that work to preserve our freedom and laws that take away our freedoms. I will work hard to insure that evil men are held accountable and that good men can remain free.

6. I have experience working on councils, running organizations, and working with people. I would love to be a member of this great team.

7. I am technology savvy. I have three websites that I am currently running- one for my business, one for our community where I list the deals available for our area, and one for our family happenings. I could assist the commission and police department in getting information to the public in innovative and creative ways.

8. I have 9 years of television experience. If there is an issue that we would like to get in the media, I can make it happen. I am currently working on two stories with KVOA and KOLD13 that will both air in May.

9. I’m a hard worker. I’ve worked since I was 13. As a teenager I did everything from busing tables to detastling corn. I graduated valedictorian and worked my way through college. After graduating from college, I self-published a book which became a New York Times Best Seller and landed me in the Self Publishing Hall of Fame. We printed over 7000 books in our bedroom and assembled them in our living room. I’m not afraid of work!

10. You’ll never know what I could do to help this commission without giving me the opportunity to serve in this great community. Please give me a chance to prove to you what I can do to aid our great police department here in Marana.



Do you think I have a chance?

5 comments:

Anne said...

I'd hire you for just about anything!!! Good luck!

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

You would definitely be my pick! Good luck, you truly would be the best choice!

Carbonneau said...

You better get in! That is an amazing top ten list! I think they would be in trouble if they didn't pick you stephanie! GOOD LUCK, wish I could be there to see it all happen!

Joseph and Tiffany said...

Let us know what happens!! Good luck!

Christina said...

Wow what an amazing list. You truly are so determined and hard working. I'm so glad this worked out for you and everyone!! It's nice to know our voices can be heard.