Monday, January 12, 2009

An amazing young woman shares her feelings about our faith

I really liked this clip of Rachel Esplin, a junior at Harvard, sharing her feelings about our faith. She was grilled with some difficult questions yet she was totally calm and answered with such wisdom for a 20 year old. She'd be a great missionary. Way to go, Rachel!


Day of Faith: Personal Quests for a Purpose - 3. Rachel Esplin from Harvard Hillel on Vimeo.

5 comments:

Athack77 said...

I hope my children develop faith and understand the gospel that well. Thanks for sharing this!

Anne said...

She IS a great missionary! After watching this, I went and watched the whole thing. It was SO interesting! I especially liked that, compared with those representing other faiths, she was so composed and confident in her answers. I am breaking one of my cardinal rules here by comparing others, but I was surprised that several of the others seemed to be apologists for there faiths. The Latter Day Saint and the Jew were the notable exceptions. They proclaimed their faith boldly and eloquently. I LOVED this! Thanks!

emilyw said...

That was amazing! She is so cool. I wish I even had that kind of quick cool-mindedness on my mission. Very impressive. Thanks for putting it on here!

Christina said...

Thanks for sharing! That was really neat to hear about. I enjoyed hearing her testimony and experiences. What a great missionary opportunity!

Gina said...

That woman has me on the brink of tears. Whenever someone bears their testimony to non-members, I fear something won't be delivered with the true spirit that they intend. I can tell Heavenly Father guided her through this interview... that and a wonderful home she must have grown up in. What an example of faith. I loved this so much, Stephanie. Thanks for posting it. I am off to listen to the rest of the speakers.