Ivan left today for a short business trip to Yuma with a good size group of people from work. He gets back on Saturday. I always hate it when he has to travel. I can't ever sleep. Every noise freaks me out. So, it's midnight and I sit posting on my blog!
Today was an exhausting day. I ran the kids with all their stuff for their class parties to school and Emma to Sister Delgado's house. I hurried home to meet Jenny Anchondo, the morning KOLD13 anchor, and Jason, the cameraman to shoot our segment. I had been up until 2 a.m. the night before making cookies for the segment. We were showing how you can make 10 different kinds of cookies with the same basic dough recipe. The taping went well.
I ran to the school to take Spencer's backpack that he had forgotten at home and Devan's lunch box that he left in the van that morning. Then, I went to get Emma.
I spent the majority of the day making cookies and delivering them to neighbors. We still have a lot of cookies to make! The kids had fun singing "We wish you a Merry Christmas" when the neighbors on our street answered their doors. They really liked that.
Well, I hope this finds everyone enjoying this Christmas season! In the busyness of it all, let's not forget the true reason for the season-the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Lots of love,
Stephanie
5 comments:
Yum! You were always the best cook! I hope Ivan gets home real quick for ya!
I can't sleep when Joey's gone either. Hope you get more sleep tonight!
Ohhh, so sorry. I know its no fun for me when Conan is gone so I can relate. Hope the days go fast for you all. What fun sharing treats and caroling!!
I know what you mean about not being able to sleep when the husband is gone. Your cooking segmant was great. You always look so at ease and natural. I love that you are always just yourself. Those cookies looked DIVINE! What a great idea! I don't know how you do it all. You are amazing!
I have to agree with all the above comments--you are amazing! Sounds like Christmas is in full swing around your place. =) Hang in there!
Post a Comment