Friday, October 17, 2008

High School Musical And The Mesa Temple

Last night we headed to the Tucson Convention Center where we met up with several other families from Estes Elementary School to watch High School Musical on Ice.

Spencer was so excited to watch the show
with "his best friend" Hailee!


It was so fun to watch the show surrounded by lots of friends and neighbors. Spencer was especially excited to watch it with his friend, Hailee.

Liz loved High School Musical on Ice!

Emma, 22 months, loved the music. She was dancing and clapping her hands. The other kids loved it as well. Once I get the pictures I took of the kids by the ice, I'll add them to this post.

This morning the Kimbers brought their teenagers over to watch our kids, so that we could go to the temple with their parents and Sister Patterson. There happened to be 8 of us from our ward in the 11:30 a.m. session we went through including our bishop and his wife. It was our stake temple day. We went to the chapel session at 2 p.m. with our amazing stake presidency. We saw about 25 from our ward during the short time we were there. I know we had others go that morning and later on that evening as well.

http://www.weddingmapper.com/photos/0/83/63812_l.jpg

What a blessing to be in the temple! There is such a peaceful feeling there. It was neat to share the experience with so many people we love. I wish the temple was just a little closer, but when I hear of sacrifices others have to make to get to the temple, I guess our 1 1/2 to 2 hours in each direction isn't that bad.

2 comments:

Sherrie Batty said...

It is great to hear from you. Your family is all grown up... I am glad to see that you are all doing so well.

Asbell Clan said...

Hey this is so funny. I just stumbled upon your web site and just thought you might like to know that we have the same back ground and the two gadgets I am a child of god and families are forever. Mabey we were twins separated at birth, Just kidding but I really am enjoying your fun being frugle website. thanks a bunch.